Saturday, August 28, 2010

…Attended a Phillies baseball game!

Sunday, August 8th, Reshica and I attended a Phillies professional baseball game!! We booked our tickets using http://www.stubhub.com/philadelphia-phillies-tickets/ a week prior to the game for about $20 a piece, Phillies vs. New York Mets!!

Reshica initially mentioned to me awhile back that one of the things on her to-do list was attend a Phillies baseball game. I was totally for this idea, since I have not stumbled upon many opportunities to attend professional baseball games! So after we booked our tickets, Reshica mentioned how she did not have much knowledge or experience with baseball. While I am not the biggest of baseball fans, but I did play softball in gradeschool and occasionally attend baseball games, I figured I would be able to provide enough education for her to understand the game.

The day before we went to the game, I found Reshica in the kitchen googling “How to learn baseball.” I then decided to start my explanation then, having her google image baseball diamond. So we started there, and I explained the bases, home plate and pitchers mound. The day of the game, I looked up directions on how to get to Citizens Bank Park using the subway system.

So with our directions and tickets and in hand, Reshica and I started off for our adventure! We were both unfamiliar with the certain subway route we took, so we figured it would be best to follow all the other people dressed in Red and White (as this was probably a good indication that they were traveling to the game too)! We arrived at our stop and followed the Red and White crowd to the Park. We passed a concert arena, the Flyers Hockey Arena and a football field as well.

Inside the park, we found our seats (AMAZING seats, especially for the price!!) and were amazed at the view!

DSCF2245 DSCF2247

We then ventured off before the first pitch to find some yummy ball park food. We found french fries and sodas. I vouched to get the souvenir cup (that was really less than a dollar more than the others) and headed back to our seat just in time for the national anthem.

And so the education began: It was best to explain baseball as it happened. So I informed her of strikes, foul balls, outs, bunts, homeruns, stealing the bases, innings, etc. This actually made the game pretty eventful, because we were each paying close attention to what was going on!

As the game continued, Reshica was catching up and learning the ongoings. She was even feeling bad for the Mets team because some Phillies fans were “booing” the Mets and she was upset that they did not have many fans there to support them.

DSCF2249

Hey look – Go Physical Therapy!!!

So the final score was 6-5, and the Phillies won!! It was a very eventful game!

On our way back to the subway, there were people distributing Dr. Pepper drinks and energy drinks for promotion – so on our way to the subway, we picked up a few more drinks! It was a good end to the day!

So who would have thought that Id be teaching baseball, but Id like to say that I made a pretty good teacher :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment